Sunday, January 23, 2011

Praying


“Why must people kneel down to pray? If I really wanted to pray I’ll tell you what I’d do. I’d go out into a great big field all alone or into the deep, deep woods, and I’d look up into the sky-up-up-up-into that lovely blue sky that looks as if there is no end to its blueness. And then I’d just feel a prayer.” Anne of Green Gables.

 Not a recent picture, but recent editing. My childhood 30 acre backyard that saw me through my teens and held many such felt prayers.

Although I can't help but agree with Anne that felt prayers while surrounded by the vast beauty of creation have a way of expressing a hearts cry that nothing else can, there is also something to be said for regular knelt prayers. Especially those in corporate worship. Where as felt prayers make me feel safe in the arms of my Everlasting Father, knelt prayers gird up the loins of my soul for the dailiness of life.

2 comments:

  1. Been kneeling a lot lately. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last line...knelt prayers gird up the loins for the dailiness of life :-)
    and o how i miss that backyard sky!

    ReplyDelete