Sunday, April 17, 2011

Being a Kid


“…my father always said that no child should be cooped up in the four walls of a school until it was seven years old.” Anne of Avonlea




This picture came from a summer I spent with three wonderfully imaginative children. Most of that summer was spent outside. Although these children were still a few years away from the modern school age, my memories with them and all the other children that have passed through my life makes the idea of preserving childhood all the more poignant. I guess all that can be said is that if a child can't stay home, I'm happy to know that as an educator I can make their childhood spent in the classroom as fun, rich and memorable as possible.

2 comments:

  1. <3 thanks for the encouragement to do the same here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's why you're an early education rock star!

    ReplyDelete