Wednesday, December 28, 2011

That Girl...

Have you ever driven by a scenic but not tourist friendly area and ached to pull the car over and marvel at creation and maybe take a photo or two? Well...I do...ALL.THE.TIME. And today I got over the social norms that tell me not to be so conspicuous and pulled over to take pictures of God glory in the form of water overflowing on a limestone rock face. I was finally that girl, who does that pulling over thing and let myself marvel through my camera lens at the work of the Creator.


I can't publish this post in good conscious without this fact. This waterfall was what made me okay with moving to Kentucky. This waterfall tugged on my heart in a way that I could not deny, and showed me that God is everywhere and in everything. I first stumbled on this sight back in April of 2009, my first trip here...looking for a change. I saw it again last March and was reminded that I did fall in love with this part of the world once and I could again. When I drove by today I was reminded of God's promise to see His purposes through to completion.

This waterfall always gives to my spirit and never asks in return. Today was the most active I've ever seen it and I rejoice at how full, like the waterfall, my life has become. Kentucky is my home now.

5 comments:

  1. Having grown up a stone's throw from Kentucky... It's a beautiful state. :) I'm glad you're falling in love with it. The south shall rise again! (Kidding!!!!) Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is everywhere and in everything. I needed to be reminded of this today. Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Home is where your heart is" so glad you found your heart and so glad to know that heaven will be our together home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, its on 68 just before the river on the left.

    ReplyDelete